What Can You Do? Ways To Help Your Personal Injury Case Along
Car accident cases require your participation to be successful. Even accident victims with injuries can do their part to ensure their case ends up paying them money damages. Follow the below tips and do what you can to help your case.
- Go to the doctor. If you turned down the ambulance ride, get checked out at the emergency room or by your doctor. You might end up feeling the effects of the accident hours later since some injuries are not immediately apparent.
- Don't interact with the other driver or passengers at the scene. You must be very careful of what you say and to whom after an accident. Even if you feel sorry that the accident happened, don't say so to anyone. It could be interpreted as an admission of fault in the accident.
- If possible, snap some photos of your wrecked vehicle, the other driver's vehicle, and the surroundings. Later, have a helper take photos of your injuries. Law enforcement personnel don't always take photographs at the accident scene.
- Begin an accident journal. You can keep up with all the details of the accident and your medical treatment using a journal. Have a place to keep up with your medical appointments. This will come in handy when you hire a lawyer. You will find that the personal injury lawyer will be focusing on your medical treatment. You can also use the journal to record your thoughts and memories of what you can recall about the accident. The resolution of your case could be months away. You will need a way to preserve your information.
- Say no to social media posting. For the time being, stay off Facebook and other social media sites. You might post something that could be misinterpreted.
- If you are contacted by the at-fault driver's insurance representatives, refuse to speak with them. They may contact you under several guises and none of them are to your advantage. Don't give them an interview, sign anything (online or in real life), or provide them with details of your medical condition. You can, though, call your own insurer and inform them of the accident
- Before you agree to anything, speak to a personal injury lawyer. They can help you avoid making mistakes that might result in a loss of a lot of compensation. Once you sign a representation agreement with a lawyer, you automatically move a huge burden from your shoulders to your lawyer's.
Speak with a personal injury lawyer to find out more or visit a website to read more.